Monday, October 24, 2011

33 Weeks

33 weeks brought with it our appointment with our midwife. So great to hear her heartbeat again as well as hearing that all my vitals are great, my weight gain is looking good and that it appears she is making her way toward the head down position. She also gave us some handouts regarding when to actually call the midwife if we are in labor, a list of supplies to bring to the birth center and a list of pediatricians. Of course I have read tidbits on this information in different places but having it actually come from the midwife made our impending milestone seem that much more real.

Week 33 also continues with the heartburn. I slept sitting up the whole night last night. I was tempted to come out to our recliner chair but it makes me sad to think of not sleeping in my own bed!

I am happy to report that I still don't have any stretch marks. I really hope I didn't just jinx myself with that statement.

I had my first shower with family and family friends this weekend. It was so much fun and nice to be surrounded by loving people who are all excited to welcome this sweet girl. As I was sorting through our gifts this morning I think the whole ordeal sort of hit me. We are really close to having a baby. Sorting through clothes and blankets and deciding it's time to start the washing process made it all seem very real.

The only thing I can really say I am missing these days is life without heartburn. It just feels constant and gives me a constant unsettled feeling. If asked before I was pregnant how I thought my eating habits would be when I got pregnant--I would have answered with a resounding, "I can't wait to eat anything and everything all the time!" {I mean, that's a bit of an exaggeration but I thought I would have no actual problem with eating.} However, this pregnancy has brought with it an inability to come up with food that sounds good and actually feel satisfied when I eat it. Major bummer. I love to eat. Which I talk about here, here, and here.

BabyCenter tells us this week that she is just over four pounds and around 17 inches long. She is continuing to lose her alien look and look more like a newborn. Also, her skeleton is hardening.
Isn't my husband so lucky that this is how beautiful I look on a Saturday night?! Yikes!



Diaper cake by my mom

My cute mom. Thanks for the wonderful shower, Mom!



Handmade blanket, so adorable.





1 comment:

Kat said...

I had heart burn for what seems like the entire 3rd trimester, if not the whole pregnancy! So happy to hear the shower went well :)