Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What Crosses my Mind These Days

Holy crap, I am having a baby soon.
I can't wait to meet my baby.
I have a million things to do.
Man, I'm tired and don't feel like doing anything.
How in the world is my labor and delivery going to go?
Will my baby be healthy?
What do I even DO with a baby?
Do I know how to be a mom?
How does anyone ever know how to be a mom?
I can't wait to see Ben hold the baby.
I sure am counting down the days until I'm done with work.
I need to wash my blinds.
I need to wash my curtains.
I need to wash baby clothes.
I need to make some meals.
How much am I actually going to be awake at night when the baby comes?
Will breast feeding come easy to me?
How will the dog take to the baby?
I haven't even held my child but the thought of leaving her {with someone else} already terrifies me.
Will my arms strengthen quickly so that I can bounce my baby to her heart's content?
I just cannot wait to see Ben be a dad.

These are my daily thoughts. Seriously. Sometimes all of this makes me feel like a crazy person. But then I think, of course not. All expecting mothers think these things. Right? Right?!

1 comment:

The Arizona Russums said...

I love this Allyce. I've never been a mom, obvi, but I'm pretty sure all these contradictory thoughts are perfectly normal!!!