Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Art," A Place to Lay Her Head, Some Joes and a Random Chicken

So there is another crafting supply that I love almost as much as mod podge. It is scrapbooking paper. I know, kinda random. And simple. But honestly when I can create fun, quirky "artwork" for my daughter's {did I really just type "my daughter's"?!} room for around $5 per piece of "artwork," I really can't pass that up! I got some cheap frames in 2 packs at Ben Franklin and while I was originally going to spray paint them to make them more colorful, nothing was really standing out to me in the color department so for now, they are brown and white which look fine to me. This is the beginning of a frame collage but I just think it's so darn cute I thought I would share now.

I guess my approach to sharing the nursery is bits and pieces and then a "big" reveal when it's "finished." If I will ever say it's "finished." To see some of the furniture check out this post.
Birds on the left, then monkeys, alphabet and numbers, then
lions-hippos-alligators
I made these lil' guys a few months back with my two favorite crafting supplies plus wood and some paint and I am so happy to finally hang them up. They are just 4x4 pieces of wood with paper mod podged on and then Ben stapled some pop tabs to the backs to hang them. There are two of each style.


Ben and I went and got our crib mattress this past weekend. I know, I know, I'm sure it's pre-mature because we obviously have no intention of putting her in there right away but I couldn't resist putting her bedding on any longer.


I guess you could say our "theme" for the room is colorful. We are loving it so far!

Sunday we had philly cheesesteak sandwiches which we made out of a chuck roast with peppers, onions, and provolone.

The next night, we still had some of the roast left and for some reason, Sloppy Joes came to mind. So I looked up Pioneer Woman's Sloppy Joe recipe and it was delish. And super easy. Made from all things I had on hand plus the leftover meat and bread.
{Sorry about the weird shadow at the bottom. Still getting used to the new camera.}

Tonight's dinner. Kind of weird. I had a whole chicken on hand. So I put some barley, garlic, onions, a packet of french onion soup and some chicken broth in the crock pot and then put the chicken on top. In a couple hours I plan to add zucchini, green pepper, carrots, mushrooms and maybe some crisped up bacon. Kind of a "clean out the fridge" kind of meal. Shh, don't tell Hub, he usually likes anything that comes out of the crock pot. 

Yeah, raw chicken isn't really that appealing.
Well, except that one time I burnt something in there. Who burns something in a crockpot? Oh, I do when I put teriyaki sauce in there and it's pure sugar so it burns to the botton. Nice.

Sorry about the random post but these were all things I wanted to share and didn't think they each needed their own post.

Happy Wednesday!







1 comment:

Kat said...

LOVE the nursery!!!!