Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Kinda Shoppin'

As I spoke about retail therapy here and about finding deals here, I am now brought to the next topic of freebies! Nothing like heading over to the parent's house to use their elliptical machine only to find my mother elbow deep in piles of her Christmas decor, grandmother-hand-knit-sweaters and old knick-knacks. I don't know if you've heard the old saying but "one man's  woman's trash is another man's  woman's treasure." I love looking at some of the stuff they have over there and now and then, I score:
Here we have a puzzle {which Hub and I have been itching to tackle one}, some snowmen {that just may not get put right away, I mean it is still wintertime}, a Hull Pottery piece, a grandma-knitted sweater and some dishtowels that I plan on making into napkins. I mean, come on, how can I pass on these treasures?! Hub kind of gives an eye-roll when I come home from the parent's because it really goes without fail that I ever some home empty handed. Here are my answers: I am still decorating our house. I can never have enough snowmen. We have been wanting a puzzle, why would I go buy one if the parents have one just sitting around?! Why would I go buy fabric if I don't have to? What a nice cozy, winter sweater that is to keep the winter chill away.

Do you find treasures at your parents? What do you think about keeping snowmen out just a little longer than Christmas decor? 

No comments: