Monday, January 17, 2011

Shows, Shmows

I don't know what it is about certain TV shows that I just can't help but watch. I have been watching Desperate Housewives from the beginning and even though the past few seasons have been going strain down the spiral of ridculousness, make-believeness and boringness all in the same, I keep tuning in. Why? I don't know. I find myself distracted during the show, doing other things {like blogging} yet I still record it.
Image
The next show that keeps showing up on my DVR week after week despite my lackluster attitude toward it is Brothers and Sisters. At first I loved this show. I loved the idea of such a big family that always got together for dinner and while they had their little tiffs here and there, they always loved and supported each other. Sally Field as the mother can get to be a lot to handle, but even she is pretty cute most of the time. I find myself feeling the same about this show--I am doing other things during it, nothing is going on and its boring. 
Brothers and Sisters
Image
I just haven't found a dramatic show that I am head over heels for lately. We watch the comedies Modern Family and The Middle which we love but no dramas. Maybe I am looking on the wrong channel for gosh sakes!

On to the show I am still excited to watch. Obviously, The Bachelor. Yes, that's right, I am totally sucked back in and can't wait to see what unfolds tonight. I definitely have some front-runners on who I think will win Brad's heart and some loonies who will most likely be sent packing pretty soon. My current favorites include:
Ashley H.
Emily
Jackie
And the gals I don't think will last quite as long:
Madison
Michelle
Haven't really had a chance to make decisions on some of the others yet since these girls seem to be stealing the show so far. I will be tuning in tonight for what promises to be another dramatic showing with tears, gowns and roses.

What are your favorite shows lately? Is there a favorite drama of yours that I am missing out on? Is it really just time for me to turn in my remote and stick to the paperbacks for my drama?


No comments: