Monday, January 31, 2011

Shout out to a Hidden Treasure

I guess without revealing too many details about my whereabouts {for those of you that don't already know it} I would like to tell you a little tidbit about a treat I had last night. Yes, that's right people, I think a beer after work is a treat. It's not like some kind of problem. {I don't think.} Anyway, my friend and I decided to go tot he restaurant next door for a wind-down libation and as the bartender was rattling off the beers on tap, one stood out. "Two Beers Jive Espresso Stout." Yes, please! It makes me giggle a little bit because my friend {I won't reveal her name, but if you know me, you may know her and as I tell this story, you will giggle too.} pretty much only drinks light beer. Really light beer. She asks as we are walking in, "Are they going to have any light beer or only barfy dark beer?" Oh, friend, you make me laugh.

We are sitting my the fireplace in the bar, relaxing our feetsies, chatting about the night and here comes my tall, chilled beer glass filled to the top with dark, luscious, yummy stout. I enjoy my beer as it has hints of espresso, but not overpowering, it is definitely a stout but I didn't feel too full {in fact I probably felt like I could have another one}. We chat a bit more, finish up and leave.

I get in the car call Hub and we chat about his travels, what he is having for dinner and then I ask, "Have you ever heard of Two Beers Brewery?"
Image

"Yes! That's that one {my friend} has been trying to get us to try out that her friend runs."

"Ohhhhh, ok. Well, I had the Jive Espresso Stout and it was really good. We should go there sometime."

Evidently it's a pretty small brewery but they have pretty good beer and quite a few different types at different times. It is interesting how the creative types interpret their creations and what brings them to create what they do. I read through the philosophy of the company and definitely agree with what they are bringing to the table.

We like beer. Hub brews beer sometimes so it's always fun to try different types and figure out what ingredients are and aren't tasty in the beer.

Hopefully next time I am back and talking about this brewery it will be because I visited and can maybe even chat about a couple of different kinds. I don't know though, that stout was pretty tasty.

What are you favorite brews? Are you a beer sampler or do you stick with what you know? Have you discovered any new treasures lately?

No comments: