Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Afternoon Musings

My thoughts are kind of all over the place, so I thought a listing post might be sufficient.
1. Hub and I did some budgeting this morning and are both feeling much better about where we stand. Sometimes it just takes a little time to make sure all our ducks are lined up in a row.
2. I have about three projects I want to get started on and keep finding reasons not to start them. {sewing some cloth napkins, picking a project out of One Yard Wonders, choosing a paint color for some furniture and painting it, painting our office.} Oh, ok, that was four projects.
3. Our Target is getting remodeled into a Super Target and when I went in for a couple of toiletries the other day, I came out with a few other items because everything, I mean seriously everything, had clearance signs. I picked up a cozy sweater ($7) and a big, round tablecloth to be cut up and turned into a one yard wonder ($3).
4. Hub and I spent a nice Friday evening at home since he has been working so much. I had originally planned to get a pizza so that I didn't have to cook but then at the last minute opted for turkey gravy over mashed potatoes and I think he appreciated the home-cooked meal since his late nights at work include eating out every night.
5. I finally got around to cleaning the bathrooms yesterday and it made me feel so happy. Nothing like a clean place to do the business! 
6. Looking forward to a couple of things this next week: Thursday night = birthday/spray tan party for a friend, Friday = heading to the new restaurant in the company, Anthony's, to help the new employees with answering questions and using the computers. Should be a fun time since I hear the restaurant is beautiful and it's always fun to take part in the high-energy of a new team. Saturday = 80's Murder-Mystery birthday party for one of our close friends.
7. Today marks one year of blogging for me. I am committed to being more dedicated in this year because, slowly but surely, I am loving the small community I am building {hoping it expands even more}, I like having a slightly creative outlet and I just enjoy writing.
8. I am going to extend my giveaway for a couple of more days, so entries will close on Wednesday night, January 19 at 8pm Pacific time.

Sorry for the randomness of my post, just some things on my mind and couldn't think of a cohesive way to put it all together. I hope you have all had a restful weekend and are ready for the week.

1 comment:

A Wedding Story said...

OMWord girl, Super Targets are amazing! A friend of mine has one in her town and there is entire candy aisle like in a candy store. Every kind of Jell Belly you could think of...for real!