Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

I have not been very diligent about posting recipes lately so I am starting a weekly post called "Tasty Tuesday." I will hopefully be posting a recipe that I have prepared that week, however, it could also very well be something I have saved my archives that I am pulling up.

Tasty Tuesday 
Yesterday I woke up with a sweet tooth. I don't know what it was because usually I am a savory breakfast kinda girl. I went and looked in my trusty
and found this recipe. We have only used our waffle maker maybe once before so I am not so familiar with it. It took a couple of tries and they didn't turn out perfectly, pretty but they sure tasted good!

1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla

1. Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the dry ingredients and set aside.
2. Slightly beat the eggs and add milk, oil and vanilla.
3. Pour wet mixture all at once into dry mixture and mix. Batter will still be slightly lumpy.

I used a 1/3 c. measuring cup to portion my waffles into the maker and I also added blueberries. I topped mine with butter and boysenberry syrup, Hub used regular maple.
Enjoy!

Feel free to link up with your favorite, your go-to, or you family's favorite breakfast recipe!


No comments: